I admit I'm usually quite lazy about learning new ways to fix my hair. While watching through my outfit posts I realized I just have to do something about that... so, I bought a curling wand! It is a Remington Pearl, the one with the larger curls (1-1 1/2 inches) and it came with a glove so I won't burn myself while experimenting. Excellent!
Today I made these big swiveled beachy curls, and here's how:
1. Protect your hair! I love this got2b guardian angel heat protection spray, since it smells soo good! The spray bottle is black in Finland, so at first I was worried they don't have it here in the US... :)
2. Put the top half of your hair up so it doesn't get in the way while you curl the bottom half. Notice from which angle I'm curling my hair (I've wrapped it upwards and over the wand, not over the wand and downwards). Do this on both sides, but the other side "mirrored" so to speak.
3. Take down sections of your hair and curl them from the same angle as the top half.
4. Wait for the hair to cool down. Then ever so lightly swivel all the hair from one side in the direction of the curls.
5. Spray it. Repeat on other side. Let dry, and then gently "bounce" the hair from underneath to loosen a bit.
6. Enjoy your day!
PS: If you're wondering how to get these awesome root-effects in your hair, just don't go to your colorist for 5 months ;)