We bought A LOT of cheeses as a Christmas Eve dessert, but never got around to them since we ate ourselves insane just on fish, roe, sour cream, potato...
So, on Friday before M left back for Finland, we made some crackers to go with the cheeses:
* Mix the dry ingredients
(I used oat flour since it is gluten free)
* Blend in olive oil & honey
* Mix in the water, a little at a time, working into a dough
(you might not need all of the water)
* Knead at least five times
* Let it rest for at least 15min (covered)
* Roll the dough out onto pieces of parchment paper (with a little flour on it) in 3-4 batches
* Cut into pieces with a knife
* Spread the pieces out a little
* Bake in a 450 degree (F) oven (230 in C) for about 9-10 min, until golden brown around the edges
The time in the oven will vary depending on the thickness of the crackers and the oven itself. Mine took nine minutes and 40 seconds to get golden brown (who's counting?).
If the crackers feel too soft after cooling, pop them back in the oven for a while.
PS: These will go well with an aged gouda and some Apple Butter.