I made some hand drawn coffe mugs as a Christmas present, and now I wanted to make something for myself. We bought these plain white bowls etc from IKEA when we moved here, and they are screaming for a makeover. Not sure yet if this random stick pattern is the way to go, but I wanted to try it out!
* Make sure you wash it properly, so there is no grease/oil on. If there is (and it can come there just from your hands), the paint will get spread out a bit.
* Draw your stuff!
I used a Deco Art Glass Paint Marker from JoAnns.
* If you mess up, you can rub the color off with a damp paper towel (at least I could even if it dried for several minutes)
* Allow 4 hours to dry
If you want it dishwasher safe (read the instructions on your pen in case they're different!):
* After the 4 hour drying time, but within 8 hours of drawing, put your pottery into a still cold oven, and then turn oven on to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
* Bake your pottery in the oven for 40 minutes (start timer when 375 is reached)
* After the 40 minutes, just turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the cups cool down.
(The small bowl is from Target, the big one from IKEA)
Stuff I like: